In an Emergency:
- Don't panic, remember your pets well being depends on you
- Call your veterinarian or emergency clinic, immediately
- Handle your pet with care. An animal in pain will bite, muzzling may be necessary for your own safety.
- Control any bleeding by applying direct pressure, a tourniquet may be necessary, never leave a tourniquet on for more than 20 minutes at a time.
- Transport your pet carefully using a blanket or stretcher. Find someone to help you transport your pet, if needed.