Dear ECAH community, family and friends:
This Coronavirus pandemic has entered all of our lives and has managed to stir up feelings of anxiety, uncertainty, and fear. This is a sensitive time for all of us. At this time, there is no indication that our pets can become ill or be carriers of COVID-19. We are committed to remain open during this outbreak so we may continue to take care of your pet’s needs. We are taking the threats of this virus extremely seriously and we are doing the following to “flatten the curve” of transmission:
Our staff will do the following:
- Clean/disinfect all surfaces, door knobs, keyboards, countertops often and regularly
- Wash our hands often and wear gloves when necessary
- Staff members may be wearing a face mask when greeting you
- Our staff members will maintain a social distance from you and they will not shake hands
- We will offer drop off appointments/curbside service – see below
We ask you to do the following:
- Please do not come into the building if you are sick with a respiratory illness
- Maintain a social distance from our staff members
- Limit the number of family members at your pet’s exam/visit. Ideally there will be 1-person present.
- Have a healthy family member bring in your pet for care if you are sick
- Call to schedule a drop off/curbside appointment if necessary – see below
Try our new “Curbside” drop off and Pick up service:
We feel it is very important to maintain your pet current on preventative care. This allows us to catch abnormalities early and provide your pet with the best protection and continued good health. Curbside services, at this time are not available if your pet is sick. If you are bringing your pet in for a non-routine visit or illness, we ask that you come into the building with your pet. We will guide you and your pet into a room as soon as you come in the building.
- When making your pet’s exam appointment, let us know you would like to use our curbside service
- A technician/staff member will take your pet’s medical history over the phone.
- When you arrive, call and let us know you are here and which car you are in.
- A technician/staff member will retrieve your pet from your car and the doctor will perform the physical exam. We will communicate via telephone to discuss findings and/or treatment options.
- Treatments/services that you have elected and authorized will be done and your pet will be returned to your car.
- Payment will be made from the confines of your vehicle using a wireless credit card terminal if using Visa/Mastercard/Discover. If using Care credit, scratchpay, cash or check, our staff member will take the payment and bring it inside for processing.
Try our new “Curbside” Prescription Pick-up service:
You may want to stock up on prescription medication/food for your pet. Let us know if you want to keep more than the usual on hand. We cannot, however, do this for controlled substances.
- Call us when you are in the parking lot
- Payment will be made from the confines of your vehicle using a wireless credit card terminal if using Visa/Mastercard/Discover. If using Care credit, Scratchpay, cash or check, our staff member will take the payment and bring it inside for processing.
- We will run your prescription out to your car.
Thank you for your patience and support as we continue to provide the necessary veterinary care for your pets while navigating these uncharted waters. We are so grateful to have such an understanding community. We will continue to follow the CDC and its recommendations closely and keep you posted on the Coronavirus situation. Please give us a call (763-427-5150) with any concerns or need for further clarification.
We are proud to be your other family doctors. We will get through this together! Stay healthy!
Your Elm Creek Animal Hospital family